Author: Timothy Young
- 6 diced roma tomatoes
- 1 jar Cherry Cabernet Preserves
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced jalapeno pepper (or to taste)*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Place preserves, lime juice and ½ tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Break up with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Can be served immediately, but improves in flavor if refrigerated overnight.
* Fresh jalapeno peppers can vary greatly in heat. It is determined by a number of factors such as whether the farmer watered just before harvest or how ripe they are. I suggest starting with a smaller amount and letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight. The heat will increase as the salsa matures over time. If it needs more, add more!