- ⅓ cup organic sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 cup organic raspberry jam
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- ½ cup organic sugar
- In a bowl, combine sugar (1/3 cup), flour, butter, and egg yolks.
- Press into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Spread jam over crust; sprinkle with nuts.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and sugar (1/2 cup) until stiff; spread meringue over nuts.
- Bake for another 25 minutes.
- To cut, use a knife dipped in hot water.
Recipe by Food For Thought® at http://www.foodforthought.net/recipes/raspberry-bars/