Diva's De-Lite Shortbread
- ¾ c. softened butter
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream (we like to use cream from our local dairy – Shetler’s)
- 6 oz. white chocolate
- 1 jar Food For Thought Cherry Raspberry Preserves
- Sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Mix butter and sugar until blended together.
- Add flour. If too crumbly, add 1 tablespoon of more butter.
- Press mixture into 9 by 9 pan.
- Poke holes in the mixture with a fork and bake 10 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown.
- After shortbread is finished cooking, simmer cream and stir in white chocolate until melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture on the shortbread and let cool.
- Empty bottle of preserves atop shortbread until sufficiently covered.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake for 8 minutes to set. Cool and enjoy.
Recipe by Food For Thought® at http://www.foodforthought.net/recipes/divas-de-lite-shortbread/