Baked Chicken with Strawberry Basil Glaze
Author: Josh at Circle Organics
- 1/2 cup Organic Strawberry Basil Preserves from Food for Thought
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 chicken, 3 1/2-5lbs, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, optional
- Combine the preserves, lemon juice, orange juice, soy sauce, and mustard in a small saucepan.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the preserves have melted and the glaze is well combined.
- Set aside. (Note: glaze can be made ahead and stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Bring the glaze to room temperature before using.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, sauté chicken pieces in pan, skin-side down, until nicely browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- Flip chicken pieces and brown other side, another 4-6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and arrange in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Brush glaze on chicken, making sure to coat each piece completely.
- Use all of the prepared glaze on the chicken.
- Put chicken in oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add 1/2 cup stock directly to the baking dish.
- Return to oven and continue to cook, basting frequently with the pan juices.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and has a rich brown color, about 25-35 minutes
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top and sprinkled with optional fresh basil.
Recipe by Food For Thought® at http://www.foodforthought.net/recipes/baked-chicken-with-strawberry-basil-glaze/