Cherry Maple Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Food For Thought Dried Cherries (you can also substitute dried cherries for dried cranberries, blueberries or diced apples)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts 3/4 cup Food For Thought Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup (one stick) organic butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Melt the butter (don't overheat) and mix with maple syrup, egg salt and vanilla and beat.
- Mix flour, baking powder, wheat germ rolled oats, cherries and walnuts together.
- Stir with a fork.
- Add to other ingredients and mix well.
- Place golf ball size chunks on a greased cookie sheet and flatten.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until they just begin to turn golden brown around the edges.
Recipe by Food For Thought® at http://www.foodforthought.net/recipes/cherry-maple-cookies/