Organic Cherry Cabernet Quick & Easy Nutty Picnic Bars
- 3 cups Organic all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup packed Organic brown sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. organic cinnamon
- 2 sticks of butter
- ¼ tsp. organic cloves
- ¼ tsp. organic almond extract
- 2 jars Food For Thought Organic Cherry Cabernet Preserves
- 1 cup organic chopped almonds or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon and cloves in food processor.
- Add butter and almond extract and pulse until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Remove 1 cup of this mixture and stir the nuts into it.
- Take remaining dough and press or roll out onto ungreased sheet pan.
- Spread the Cherry Cabernet preserves over the dough almost all the way out to the edges.
- Now crumble the nut mixture all over the top of the preserves.
- Bake until lightly browned on the edges and top.
- Cut into small bars when cool.
- Eat, share with friends, and enjoy!
Recipe by Food For Thought® at http://www.foodforthought.net/recipes/organic-cherry-cabernet-quick-easy-nutty-picnic-bars/